Tuesday, September 04, 2007

2 Big Kids....One SUPER SAD Mommy!!!!

Well its here.........the first day of school!! The kids got up fairly easy this morning I was relieved. Everything went smooth getting ready, we curled up Ciaara's hair, I wrote the check for lunches and I heard Nate open the doors on the van and take the kids out. I grabbed everything else I needed (my camera etc) and shut the door and walked out.


I took some pictures, the sand flies were terrible and the kids wanted to be done. I looked and Nate and said "you grabbed the keys right?" (after all I heard the van beep when he opened the doors of the van with the keys) and he said nope, I only opened the doors I didn't grab them. I thought he was kidding, he wasn't!!! So on the first day of school we are standing in the front yard locked out of the house and no keys for any vehicles. ARGH Ciaara started crying---Nate ran over to an automotive shop a block away to see if they by chance could open the door. They gave him a number for a locksmith an HOUR away!! Well we can't wait an hour on the first day of school----so Nate broke down the door!!! I pieced some of it back together and its working but we probably need to replace it soon.


Anyways, we got there on time thank goodness and I was a wreck. we brought Noah first and I felt so bad leaving him in a class with 2nd and 3rd graders. I know we made that choice to have him in this Spanish class but he just doesn't seem big enough to be in 1st grade. He seemed fine though, went and found his tennis shoe spot and his backback spot and said bye mom! I left him with tears in my eyes.....

I dreaded the ride out to Ciaara's school! We pulled in and parked and Ciaara just sat his her car seat and didn't want to come out. I finally got her to walk out and she walked in like a big girl we found her spot to hang her stuff and EVERYTHING in her class is labeled with her name and its ALL spelled wrong!! Ciaara noticed it and feels bad and it was so hetic I didn't tell the teacher, I will tomorrow or may even email her today. Ciaara stayed near me and I know she was nervous. She doesn't know many people in her class and I felt so bad leaving my baby there. I kissed her a couple times and left and cried the whole way home and off and on ever since.


Hugs to all you moms sending your babies off to school this fall!!

11 comments:

Sara V. said...

oh Holly-big ((hug)) I'm sending my 2 off to 2nd grade and K!!!

I'm glad you all got there on time and everything worked out!

Sara

Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

Big cyber HUGS!!!

SuzyQ said...

{{{{HUGS}}}} Hope your day gets better. Glad you made it on time!

La- said...

Aww what a crazy morning on such a BIG DAY! Hope you have a lovely week after all this!

La-

.jessica jo. said...

what a day!!! hope the kids liked their 1st day! soo....how did mommy do?? :) i love their pictures...ciaara looks JUST like yoU!

Anonymous said...

Hugs girl!!
I can't believe how hard it really is!

Anonymous said...

Glad it all worked out for you (eventually!, what's life without some drama hey, lol!)

Hope they both had a great first day:)

Rebecca said...

(((Holly))) Sounds like a crazy morning! I hope things got easier for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly ... look at your gorgeous babies - off to school - Carly starts college next Monday and I know I will miss her not being around... gorgeous pics hun (had to giggle about the keys, can't tell you how many times I've done that LOL) Apologies for being a v.bad blogger, I am going to rectify that... :D xx

Becky Heisler said...

I hear ya girl, both my kids are in school this year.I cried that morning, but then quickly got over that! LOL Hope they are loving it!

Shannon Schafer said...

What a crazy day! Wonderful pictures! I can't believe how fast they are growing up!!!